Employment Attorney at Green Savits, LLC
Glen D. Savits is a partner in the law firm of Green Savits, LLC, with offices in Florham Park, New Jersey. He is a graduate of Columbia College and New York University School of Law. Mr. Savits was admitted to practice law in 1982 and is a member of the bars of New Jersey, New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District of New Jersey, and the United States Court of Claims.
Mr. Savits’ professional associations include the National Employment Lawyers Association, of which he is a member of the National Executive Board and Vice-President, and the New Jersey Chapter of that organization. As a Regional Conference Chair for the New Jersey Chapter, he has organized numerous conferences with the states of New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Delaware concerning various issues of employment law and has organized conferences involving law of the Third Circuit. Mr. Savits is also a co-chair of a sub-committee on employment issues involving disability and leave issues for the American Bar Association, is on the Executive Board of the New Jersey State Bar Association Labor and Employment Section and is a member of the Worrel F. Mountain Inn of Court.
He argued in front of the New Jersey Supreme Court in the case of Abbamont v. Piscataway Township Board of Education which helped establish the rights of whistleblowers under the New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act. He has also participated on a number of amicus (friend of the court) briefs on behalf of NELA/NJ and AARP, including Quinlan v. Curtiss-Wright, Green v. Jersey City Board of Education and Victor v. State. Mr. Savits is also on the Supreme Court of New Jersey statewide roster of mediators.
He has lectured and written numerous articles on many issues regarding discrimination in the workplace and co-hosted The Employee Rights Forum, a radio program which gave callers advice on employment issues. He has authored a chapter on The New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act for a book published by the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education and was on the Editorial Advisory Board of a book on age discrimination published by James Publishing. He has also been included in the Thomson Reuters list of New Jersey Super Lawyers in the areas of labor and employment law and plaintiffs’ employment litigation since 2009.*
Mr. Savits and his firm concentrate on the representation of employees in all employment and discrimination matters.
Areas of Practice:
- Age Discrimination
- Sexual Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Disability Discrimination
- Whistleblower Litigation
- Family and Medical Leave
- New Jersey, 1982
- New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1985
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York, 1982 J.D.
- Columbia University, New York, New York, 1979 B.A.
- Abbamont v. Piscataway Township Board of Education, 138 N.J. 405 (1994)
- Blackburn v. United Parcel Service, Inc., 179 F.3d 81 (3rd Cir. 1999)
- Wright v. Port Authority, 263 N.J. Super. 6 (App. Div. 1993)
- Green v. Jersey City Board of Education, 177 N.J. 434 (Amicus curiae counsel) (2003)
- DeWees v. RCN Corp., 380 N.J. Super. 511 (App. Div. 2005)
- Green v. City of Jersey City, 177 N.J. 434 (2003) (Amicus curiae counsel)
- Victor v. State, 203 N.J. 383 (2010) (Amicus curiae counsel)
- Quinlan v. Curtiss-Wright, 204 N.J. 239 (2010) (Amicus curiae counsel)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New York State Bar Association – Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section – Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association, New Jersey Chapter – Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association, New Jersey Chapter – Regional Conference Chair
- Essex County Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section – Member of the Employment Rights & Responsibilities Committee
- American Bar Association – Plaintiffs' Co-Chair, Health, Disabilities & Leave of Absence Subcommittee
- National Employment Lawyers Association – National Executive Board Member